He rhymed pretty well, Dottie, but definitely not perfectly. He had the most trouble with end sounds of t & d, and with vowel sounds with r. For example, I said "bat" and he got "hat," but he also said "had." I said "bar" and he got "car" but also said "her."

Hmmm...

His speech was early. But if he's HG+, I'm not sure if that tells us much.

He doesn't mix up sounds. He did say "apple people" for pineapple when he was first learning to talk. But nothing memorable since then.

He does sometimes stutter/clutter a bit, especially when he's excited or distracted and trying to talk fast. It doesn't seem like he does it an unusual amount to me though. It's not something that has worried or troubled me, though my DH sometimes gives DS4 a hard time about it (and I glare at DH!).

If he reads a word on one page, he won't know it on the next page. Guaranteed.

He has directionality confusion with letters (like b vs. p), though many 4yos do, so I put less stock in that one than I might if he were older.

No ear infections ever.

He can't yet tie his shoes, but he's only 4.

His bedroom is a mess and he cannot clean it even a little without help. Totally helpless.

No problems at all with relationship words (over, before, etc.), immature speech or hand dominance, but he does have trouble with yesterday and tomorrow.

I don't know about telling time, yet, Dottie. I haven't really worked with him on it because he hasn't shown any interest in the clock. (Problems with taking a child-led tack...) Time is a big problem with him. He makes DS7 look like Speedy Gonzales when it comes to getting ready for bed, getting dressed, etc.

The bold parts in the following section really made DH and I sit up and take notice:
People with dyslexia have a larger right-hemisphere in their brains than those of normal readers. That may be one reason people with dyslexia often have significant strengths in areas controlled by the right-side of the brain, such as artistic, athletic, and mechanical gifts; 3-D visualization ability; musical talent; creative problem solving skills; and intuitive people skills.
That's DS4!

I haven't read "The Mislabeled Child" yet, but it's absolutely next on my list. As soon as it comes in at the library for me, it's mine.

I'm thinking I'm right to look into it, aren't I?

Kriston