That's great that they identified what the issue was with your son and he has had improvement. I had a book once about misdiagnosis of gifted children. It was quite interesting (Unfortunately I leant it to someone and never got it back). It is interesting how many gifted children are labelled with ADHD when they truly don't meet the full criteria. I know some gifted children do have it as well, but it is interesting that some people believe that if you don't always sit and focus on certain tasks you must have ADHD. I worried that my son's last preschool would think that as well, but instead they said they think he had something on the Autism spectrum. Their rationale was that they had never seen a 3 year old as smart as he was that didn't have something on the Autism spectrum. So I guess they didn't even need that diagnostic criteria with that conclusion. We figured we would have that question later in life so took him to a developmental pediatrician so we could at least have something in writing saying he didn't meet the criteria. I figure evaluations can't hurt, maybe they can provide more understanding or ideas.