Sorry, I didn't feel like I was arguing and didn't feel you were either. Just sharing thoughts and opinions. I know there are different sides and views on everything, which isn't at all a bad thing.

I agree that often times parents don't want to try other things and go straight for the meds. I have seen that side as well. In my previous job we would never just medicate without working with parents and families, and before medication for ADHD would even be considered parents would have to attend a series of classes about parenting strategies and routines to implement first and info about children with ADHD to better understand how their mind works. They were also educated about different medication options as well. Some parents were very eager to get strategies and then didn't need the medication with some changes at home. Some made changes and still went with meds. But it would always amaze me when we would see parents that were convinced they needed no changes at home and had this attitude like "just give me the meds...NOW!" They act as if it is a magic pill that is going to change everything and make their children little robots.