Didn't read all the responses yet, but no schools don't make money for kids on ADHD (at least not that I have ever heard of). I think teachers and schools find it easier to manage behaviors and suggest meds at times (however I don't at all feel it is a teachers place to suggest medication to a parent at any time). I work in a school as a social worker and have many years working with children with mental health issues and have suggested consultations (and possibly medication if recommended by a dr.) to parents that clearly have Achildren with ADHD and often parents have opposed this...and their children are clearly struggling. Don't get me wrong. I am not a fan of putting kids on drugs when not needed, I am a fan of doing all you can first...but when all else fails and it is chemical imbalance and you see their self-esteem failing because of it...then I feel that it is time to look into other options. I look at it this way, what are the side effects of giving them the medication vs. the side effects of not.