Originally Posted by dajohnson60
Delbows: When we talked about this last night, my son asked if anyone else from his class would be going to 3rd for math. He seemed disappointed to hear the answer was no and I worried that he might be feeling anxious about the new class. But then I told him how lucky he was to have TWO classes and that many more friends to have. He said it was okay, because "I want to do that math, not the kindergarten stuff!" So I am sure that this move will work out just fine.

I wonder if it's worth it to ask the Principal if there are a few other kids who could also be offered 3rd grade math? My DH did math and reading one year up all through elementary with a handful of other boys, who became this core friends. It would have to be very casual, as in, "Oh this funny idea came into my head, that I should ask if any other boys can be sent up with him, maybe it would encourage friendships?" ((sexism intentional))

I do think it's a pain, but worth doing, but yes - in a just world they would find a boy or two to go with him. There is no doubt in my mind that they have a few who could do the work.

Smiles,
Trin

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com