I just spoke with the principal at our school about next fall. I called him to get the ball rolling, as they said they wanted to test son next fall and see where he is for placement/planning. I was sure that they would try to blow me off, forget about it or whatever. But, surprise!

Principal said that they just had a discussion about my son at the primary grade staff meeting this week. The second grade teacher is already aware of the needs. The first grade teacher apparently reported "substantial gains" in reading. They agreed that son needs to be tested BEFORE school starts so they can plan for resources to meet his needs. I almost fell off my chair!

They want the school psychologist to test him using a standardized achievement test, in early August. Then get together BEFORE school starts to discuss placement for both reading AND math. The principal said that they need to know what son needs so they can "plan for what resources the second grade teacher will need."

OMG! I feel like I hit the lottery, but I'm reminding myself that I haven't turned in the winning ticket yet! This just sounds too good to be true. I'm hoping that they will be able to accomodate him. Although the home schooling in math is moving along, it's been difficult to juggle our schedules and my husband is really compromising his own work by spending every morning at home. We will continue to do what we need to do for our son, but it would be so great if he could just be in school all day next year. Keep your fingers crossed for us!