Hi everyone.
I thought I would pull this old thread out and update you on how our advocacy is paying off! So far, so good - the year is off to a good start and school isn't even in session yet.

MrWiggly will be meeting with the principal tomorrow to start a math assessment. The principal had the 3rd grade teacher put together an assessment, so son will be doing an out-of-level test to determine what he's ready to learn! The principal reviewed his plan with me today: he will be administering the assessment, looking for accuracy/knowledge but also how son approaches the test and more subjective info to help with planning for the new school year. After the assessment is completed, we'll meet and look at options then decide what works best to meet MrWiggly's needs and are within the capabilities of staff/resources at school. Principal said he really wants to be able to meet son's needs, even though we were able to homeschool last year. He knows it wasn't the best option for us. We are definitely hoping they can meet his needs, too!

I'll let you know how things fall in place and whether they might just subject accelerate him into 3rd grade math. School starts on the 21st, so we should know by then! Wish us luck!