Thanks again for responding!!!

I don't know if this is a belief or a fact but whatever it is, it isn't mine.
Our psychologist said almost verbatim "she had s typical executive function, but very superior cognitive ability".

He mentioned that if I looked at IQ studies in ADHD diagnosed people I would see two things: PSI scores in inattentive ADHD are mosly in 85-90s, when the other scores are above 100, and that gifted and ADHD studies focus on people with IQ > 120 (instead of 130 as typical), again indicating overall lower FSIQ, most likely affected by lower than average PSI/WMI scores. As I mentioned above, studies on groups of gifted children in Denver indicate commonality of this presentation in this group, but do not call it a disability or disorder, but more like a typical functioning.

I agree with that notion. I don't think she is affected as in disabled by this, because she is still straight As or close in a very competitive school district, plays piano, does math two grades ahead etc. That was another point, made by the psychologist. But it doesn't mean that she isn't affected at all, she is, but relative to what she is capable of doing cognitively, which clearly indicates a weakness that needs to be addressed, but may not qualify as a human disorder.

The idea with the 15-min alarms sound very appealing, but the school doesn't allow any electronics during the school hours, specially phones. A watch, maybe, but I can't afford an apple watch and I'm not sure if there are any other products similar to it that you can program with 20 alarms. Any ideas?

A complication with teaching organization is that whatever my daughter has is probably generic - because I have this issue too. I can't say it affected me to a great degree in my life - I have two graduate degree in engineering and half-done phd, but it is clearly identifiable, compared to some of my coworkers (but not to others - mostly engineers like me). Yet another reason why I think this isn't a true ADHD, because I know precisely what she has. I don't lose track of things but I don't take any notes or put little things into calendar. So, with a great regret, I have to say that I may not be able to help her much with this because I'm not consistent enough myself. I know I comprnsate for it with other things, just like her. Something I need to change, clearly, in myself, to help her deal with daily challenges. Any advice on what we can do together and what is more important - how to enforce so it becomes a habit?

I think we do well with other things like sleep, exercise, diet and rest. She swims on the swim team. Eat mostly organic and little to no red meat.

Looking at her more and more through my own perspective in life makes me think I probably have a very similar WISC-V profile because I'm super in conceptual tasks but doing things like project management can really kill me.

Last edited by Chicagomom; 04/27/16 07:30 AM.