Thanks for responding!

The psychologist who gave her IQ test didn't suggest that she needed further ADHD testing, even though I asked about it.

Instead he sent me a publication that showed that "average" gifted group of children would score very similarly to my daughter - (VCI 131.7, PRI - 126.4, WMI - 117.7, PSI - 104.3). And I agree that it could be something like that, but...

The reason I even started researching this is that she tends to score significantly worse on the standardized tests like Cogat or Iowa. Some results go as low as 75%ile, suggesting that her academic results at school are more correlated with her WMI/PSI than her other subscores, indicating a potential learning issue. Also, things like her CogAT scores can just jump several stanadard deviations, test to test - one year scoring in 98% percentile on verbal and the next scoring typically - in the 55%. Something is going on....

What do they typically assess during ADHD screening? Would she be able to compensate for it with her high cognitive abilities, masking the problem?

Last edited by Chicagomom; 04/26/16 08:31 AM.