That is the problem I faced last year. The sped director kept insisting that DD is not failing, and therefore they do not need to do anything for her. The only reason she was doing as well as she was, was because we were making sure she was studying for tests, doing homework, etc. And the teachers seemed to have much lower expectations for her than her classmates, partly because of acommodations already put into place, like a reduced workload. So there really would have been no way for her to fail. I felt like just backing off entirely and letting her go to school without any supplies, without any homework, etc.

The couple days that i sent her to school without her meds were disasters. One teacher sent her to the school social worker because she was so whipped up, and sitting in the hallway by herself ripping papers into shreds (for no reason). She was acting like she was intoxicated and manic at the same time. So for the school administration to tell me that she is not that impaired, and that her educational performance was not impacted by a disability, was ridiculous.