So... I would stop listening to the "helpful" but not experienced with gifted kids people around you posthaste. :-) My other advice, just relax and trust that the IQ testing results are correct. And that asynchrony is real, so very real. As is being so totally focused on whatever is in one's head, that one tunes out everything else. I'm not saying there might not be a 2nd E cause for some of these things that worry you, but that there are some strange (compared to neurotypical) things that can accompany high giftedness.

Our five-year old (not tested, very bright, but normally less intense than his older PG brother, that is to say, much easier) has started bawling at the drop of the proverbial hat lately. So that may be an age thing. The other night, he was crying for about 15 minutes because a parent heated up his sandwich roll and he wanted it cold. Seriously, 15 minutes, at least. Red face, uncontrollable crying. Something similar happens a few times a week and has for the last month or so.

Last edited by ConnectingDots; 07/13/15 07:03 AM.