Originally Posted by Bostonian
I don't see the harm, but I also don't think girls are so flighty that they make career decisions based on t-shirt slogans.

You're missing the point. Girls are subjected to a constant bombardment of media stereotypes that say, among other things, they should not science. This makes counter-messaging, in a multitude of forms, necessary.

I mean... "flighty." Boys are rarely described as flighty, so there's a negatively-charged gender stereotype right there.

Rather, girls age 4-9 are quite impressionable (just like boys are), and something as simple as a t-shirt message can be quite profound to that audience... good or bad. By the time they've advanced from that age, a sense of identity is emerging, and gender (and any social expectations around that) is an important part of it.

Originally Posted by Bostonian
If women's inclinations and aptitudes lead them to health care rather than STEM (although biology is a science), what is the problem?

By women's "inclinations" you mean "socially-prescribed gender role." Which is, again, the entire point.