I've worked in the IT field for 25 years (omg, I'm old). Since before I graduated from college.

I've had a few sexist experiences along the way, but only a few. In my experience (and in my experience only) I believe that there's a correlation between age and sexism (when I was young in the industry, colleagues from my dad's generation or older -- nearing retirement -- were more likely to have sexist attitudes). And there's an inverse correlation between intelligence and sexism (the smarter my colleagues were the less likely they were to have sexist attitudes). My industry is highly self-selecting for intelligence, which puts me in the fortunate position of working in a bubble of really smart people (many who are much smarter than I am).

The public education system has no such filtering, which makes me guess that those sexist attitudes are more common. My daughter's experience corroborates that. This could be the reason that fewer girls make it into those fields to begin with, which is reflected in the hiring practices of companies. Of course that doesn't mean there aren't sexist tech companies. There most certainly are. But my insider's point of view is that my problems as a woman are far fewer at work than in society at large.

* Disclaimer for full transparency. I'm not a programmer or engineer. I came to tech through the side door of documentation / usability and all my technical knowledge has come through years of osmosis.