Aeh, I think you are on to something. It seems to me like since he is very visual he needs to create a clear picture of a task or situation in his mind before being satisfied. Yesterday I told him about a week long summer camp at his school this notsummer. He proceeded to ask 15 questions about it. Where in his school was it taking place? Was he eating lunch there? How many kids were going to be there? Who were the kids we're going to be there? Was I going to be at the school while he was at camp? Where would I pick him up from? And on and on. At the end of it all he decided it was not a good idea for him to do the camp. For whatever reason.

Somehow my intuition tells me that the disconnect in following directions in doing a simple task is due to disinterest. He told his grandfather when I asked the other day that school is way too easy and boring. He said he wants harder stuff to do. He sounded very frustrated and almost angry when saying this. I think next year he will probably be more verbal about his needs academically. At least that is when my older boy started really showing us his frustrations.

I am still not ruling out other issues. Especially auditory processing. I also suspect that when we do the WISC his processing speed might not be that high. Although, when he does a speed math program, which he loves, on the computer, he thinks extremely quickly. Not sure this would be considered processing though? Another question is, how does reflecting on things affect processing speed on the WISC ? It might just be that, not that's his actual processing is slow.

Last edited by 1111; 04/02/15 04:45 AM.