There is a problem that my brain has and always has had: I daydream almost continuously, and often can not really be bothered by the real world. Or, more accurately it is difficult for me to check in with the real world even for a short time if the real world is boring. As an adult I deal with this problem better, but as a child people used to say I wasn't present. Of course at times I would check in with the real world and do things that others could not do... Ie I was great at taking tests, but horrible at doing assignments. Another consideration is that I considered this 'work' I was doing in my daydream as both exciting and important.

Another problem my brain has is the need to over error check. Let's come up with a simple Venn diagram logic problem to show what I mean. Say space A is entirely inside of space B and lets say that space C does not at any point overlap space B. One part of my brain sees one of the obvious conclusions that no part of space C and space A overlaps, however there is another part of my brain that objects to that conclusion and keeps requiring me to supply additional proof. What is more is this proof nagging voice is never completely satisfied with any proof provided.

So you can imagine how much time ends up being wasted trying to revisit the basic premise that 1+1 really does equal 2 and why. Now this deep exploration does provide insights that many do not ever reach because they simply took 1+1 = 2 at face value, but it does tend to slow down performance.

And, yes people have my whole life said I over think things.