Well, I have always planned to homeschool. Even before my children were born I expected that I would at least keep them home some. I will probably do a combination of Homeschooling, private schooling, and some public schooling. I just always had that in my head because I had such good experiences.

I'd like to think I'm at least somewhat of a homeschooling success story. I was pulled out in the middle of 3rd grade from my public school. It was mostly for academic reasons. By the end of my third grade year, after learning mostly in the back room of my dad's sub sandwich store, I was doing 4th-6th grade work and only having to spend half my day on it! Eventually, all three of my siblings were homeschooling with me and we got the individual attention we needed. I was great at math, but terrible at spelling. My sister enjoyed reading, but didn't get math... We all eventually ended up ahead of grade level in ALL subjects. Later we participated in a Homeschool co-op that went really well. We got some socialization and were most definitely accelerated! I went back to homeschooling for a year and then did a year at a small private school in which I combined my Junior and Senior year into one and graduated a year early. I did Junior College (because of my homeschool preparation college was a breeze) and I could have done much more fancy-pants stuff like Universities and a law degree but my passion was working with kids. I didn�t want to be a teacher AT ALL so I got an AA and got right to work with paraeducation (loved it). And I knew my biggest dream ever was to raise children of my own, be a stay-at-home-mom, and homeschool my kids so that they could meet their full potential. My story sounds like I �gave up to be a mom� but it�s just the opposite. I have always wanted lots of kids and I knew I could make more of a difference in this world raising 5 or 6 great people then just living out one great life. I LOVE what I do and I have my dream job.

So, here I am just barely turned 23. I have an A.A.S degree, I�ve been married for 4 years, I have two AMAZING and gifted children, I own my own home, we OWN two cars, and I am more excited than ever to raise a family of homeschoolers. My kids are very social creatures and I really hope I can stimulate them in ALL ways: Acedemically, socially, spiritually. I�ve got my work cut out for me but I am excited. I don�t think I could face all of those challenges without the option to keep my kids home at least some to navigate their learning. Especially with gifted children.

I will admit there is a slight �religious� benefit to homeschooling that is appealing to me. I do feel that �government schools� or whatever you wanna call them� ha ha� are forcing a lot of OPPINIONS on us these days, and believe it or not, I think public education is very closed minded and narrow. I work with youth at our church� many of them seriously believed it was illegal to talk about God at school because it�s public. I don�t know when our education system STOPPED teaching the truth about our freedoms and the constitution and started discouraging freedom of speech, freedom of faith, and cultural and spiritual diversity but it is very sad. I think different views should be out in the open and in homeschooling I will teach my kids FACTS and let them sort them out. I will teach them of my faith and how it relates to the world around them and hope that they discover the same truth that I have.

I want them to be allowed to explore it ALL. I want them to have �gifted learning� options all hours of the day. I want them to discover their potential without swimming through a class of 35 students and ONE teacher.

I must say, with all that I�ve seen academically, I would homeschool even if I wasn�t some crazy right-winged, Bible-readin, Jesus lovin�, fanitic nut-job! 