My daughter is now 3.5 and just before her September 2nd birthdate, I put her in a playschool -- 5 days a week. She thrived on the socialization but it was hard that her verbal skills were so advanced of the other kids. The teacher told us that the other kids sat around her while she talked, told stories. But I do not regret it, there were so many non-intellectual benefits at that age.

Now I have her in a really good Montessori, with 3-5 year olds. It works because the teacher is gifted, and she enjoys her classmates.

When a child gets bored, and you can see it at this age, it shows, but I think there are tremendous social advantages in preschool. Learning how to get along, sharing, taking turns, just all kinds of games that kids like to play -- duck, duck, goose.

I am working on a school plan for kindergarten, because I have do all the applications starting in September for 2009, and I am concerned about the environment and what would work. Seeing her in preschool is great for me to understand her needs better rather than projecting.

We had her tested at 2 for a gifted preschool. We knew she was smart, we didn't know how smart. So it is nice to have an idea, but you still wonder because they go through stages. We tested her again because the preschool didn't take her, she was a month too young, and we thought we look into it again but the tester told us that only go if they put her in with the 4s, she wouldn't do well as the oldest. But they wouldn't put her ahead. All the kids are gifted, so it is hard to make a case. But DD doesn't work well with younger peers. These are the things you start to understand from the social things you learn in their preschool. What is your child really like and what do they need. Doesn't mean you learn all of it, but you start to get it.

Welcome,
Ren