Originally Posted by Brittany
Can I administer anything myself that is an informal sort of thing that will help me decide where to go from here?

Hi Brittany,
Welcome! I'm so glad you found us.

For something informal (read - you get what you pay for) that you can do at home, try Losing Our Minds: Gifted Children Left Behind by Deborah L. Ruf

if you like the book, you may want to set up a visit or conference call with Dr. Ruf. Don't we deserve to build a relationship with a trusted professional who understands our gifted children?

also - browse through http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A2GIEWPMJNA3G9/ref=cm_cr_dp_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort%5Fby=MostRecentReview

As for preschool, there isn't much point in putting a child with agemates to learn socialization skills. A few hours a day of supervised play can be good, particularly if they don't try to teach the ABCs and if it's a mixed age situation.

Remember that your children will always have each other to learn to socialize with, and that is an advantage that seems to make a wonderful difference.

I'm glad to hear that you are planning to homeschool. I don't think you have to rush into socialization now because you are homeschooling - homeschooling just offers to many rich opportunities for peer interaction. If you want your children to have a chance to learn to function away from you and to follow rules, then I can see a purpose to preschool. But if that is your objective, you can also find plenty of experiences later that also offer some actual education as well.

Anyway those are my .02$- Welcome!
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com