It's pretty mixed around here between religious and secular homeschoolers. But there are a LOT of people HSing for secular reasons. To be honest, aside from HS gym classes and that sort of thing, we almost never see religious HSers. The religious and secular HSers just seem to run in different circles. Our HS group is inclusive, but that generally translates to mostly secular HSers. I have yet to meet anyone in our group who is HSing for religious reasons, though I know there are some. Honestly, I think religious HSers would be foolish not to join the group! It is so active with such good events! You could be very conservative in terms of religion and still participate without problem in 99% of the things we do.

The group does publicize roller skating parties that play only Christian music, but that's about all that even hints at religion in any way, and they treat that opportunity the way they treat any other: here's something you can choose to do or choose not to do. It gets no special mention, beyond the note that it has a Christian bent so people know the facts. Otherwise, the assumption is always that all events are secular.

It's funny how it varies by area, isn't it?

Kriston