Yes, my son and husband are gifted at faking it! They are hilarious when they fake it sometimes. My son likes trivia questions and even when he knows the correct answer, if he thinks of something funnier than the correct answer, he will go with funny. When we go out somewhere, they both notice things that are funny that I didn't notice. We have interesting dinner conversations.

I think my son learned some useful vocabulary from video games and computer games. I think one of his old games from several years ago was set in a school and in the game he went to different rooms for classes and also to the cafeteria. He also played sports video games so he learned all the sports vocabulary from those. He learned a lot of economics vocabulary from playing Capitalism II and Tycoon games. He learned legal vocabulary from Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney, and from his sister's college level intro to law textbook, psychology vocabulary from his sister's college textbook, and even more medical vocabulary just from being in a family with lots of older people who have various medical conditions. Then there was studying for the spelling bee and looking up definitions to every word he didn't know the exact meaning of and doing online vocabulary games on freerice.com and sheppardsoftware.com.

Since he likes to use all of these words that he knows in his speech, he sounds so much smarter than I do, and I am sometimes embarrassed by my inability to talk like this. I try and my recall of the perfect word is just too slow. My receptive vocabulary is very good and I do well on vocabulary games but I just can't use these words in my speech as easily as he does. One of his gifted friends, four years older, admires my son's verbal ability and tries to use more "advanced" vocabulary in his speech but has the same trouble I do. And my husband and son can talk "okie" too. Both my husband and my son can turn off the professor speech and roll right into "okie farmer" speech which makes it even funnier when they tell jokes.