Brittany, is your daughter my younger son? LOL I swear they have the same milestones. He started reading at similar age, he said his first sentence the day he turned 14 months, he had lots of words by 1st birthday. Ok, he started walking at 9 months wink

He is turning 4 next month and he is gifted, most likely HG. I have no doubt that your daughter is gifted as well. She is for sure too young to be tested. Yes, you could have her tested now, but the results would be off at this point. It'a hard to get a reasonable sample when you are talking about 2-3 year olds. Most of the kids cannot pay enough attention, are shy, don't care to answer, would prefer to play instead and quite likely know much more than they show. All that messes up the testing sample on which the IQ values are based on. It's better to wait till she is older. I believe even my almost 4 year old is too young to be tested, we will most likely wait another year or so.

I think PreK is nice if you find a place she likes. I am all for play school. Just go in and have fun, forget the academics. Wrong academics is worse than no academics and in most places you get wrong one. I did play school with my older one (DYS) and it worked great. I put my younger one in Montessori for a year and it wasn't a good match to say the least. They had him do academics and much more academics that he would do in a regular preschool, but it was too easy, too boring. He will go to a play based preschool next year and get all the academics his heart desires at home.

As far as what you can do, follow her lead. She will tell you what she is interested in and what she wants to learn. Take her to places, show her different books and subjects and if she shows interest go for it. Educational computer games (Reader Rabbit and such) worked great for us.

LMom