Oh my! I have not received the rest of the WJIII! I will be sure to request it. Thank you!

Her spelling is bad. Functional, but bad. She usually has all the letters, but often in the wrong order. Especially if there is a "silent letter."

Funny you should say about her reasoning skill being high, but symbolic skills lacking. I was baking with her the other day. She loves it and I always have her do the fractions for doubling the recipe. The weirdest thing is that we have been doing this for years and she still can't READ the fraction. She doubles 3/4 and says she needs one cup and a half but then she can't, for the life of her remember what the 1/2 cup looks like. Can't read it for anything! Boy I know something is wrong. I really hate being right about this stuff. I have suspected dyslexia since she was around 4 or 5. But it really seems silly to say it out loud because she loves to read. She read all Harry Potters in first grade. She reads books she likes around 5 times, often picking up an old book and re-reading her favorite parts. How could she be dyslexic? I will get the rest of the WJIII scores and post for you. Will you tell me where to go from here to see if she has dyslexia?

My third edit and I have noticed many spelling errors in my original post. I don't often "see" my mistakes. I do proof though. Maybe she gets her troubles from me?

Oh, and yes, she did have and "in depth" motor skill assessment and gave her some pencil grips. I did not receive the report but I assume it was fine since the IQ/achievement said nothing about it. She walked at 11 months and rode a two wheeler at 4...

Last edited by sydness; 01/30/15 09:53 PM.