I used to come on the forum all the time for my dd who is now 12 and doing well at a private school.She just got her first B+ (not all A's) ever. But I have another DD and I spoke of her a little. She is now 9.5 and in forth grade. She is struggling in school. I thought she might be dyslexic despite her love of reading. Her reading levels are DRA 38 but she DRA 38 in first grade. She is still reversing letters and numbers and at the recent PPT I was told she was starting to fail unit tests. I have known she wasn't working to potential since second grade. It was first grade when her report card showed that she was bad with time management. But her skills were all advanced. Now in fourth grade, she is still struggling to finish and her skills are behind especially with writing, math facts and long division. I knew something was wrong. She is in her second round of vision therapy and her teacher does all kinds of things to help her. She has her write the amount of time it will take to complete homework and time herself. She has her do only half of writing intensive homework. She has her use word prediction software at school.

Anyway, I requested testing from the school in September. They said no. I requested again in December. They said yes. I got the results today.

I will post them below. I have a meeting to discuss these results soon and I am wondering if you wonderful people (who helped me get through my older daughter's stuff) can help me to form questions for the staff when I go to the meeting. I would like to go informed. I have ZERO experience with LD's and all this. Oh, no dyslexia..

VCI SSS 49 Composite score 138 Percentile 99 Very superior

Verbal Subtest Score Summary
Similarities SS 16 Percentile Rank 98
Vocabulary SS 15 Percentile Rank 95
Comprehension SS 18 Percentile Rank 99.6

PRI SSS 43 Composite Score 127 Percentile 96

Perceptual Reasoning Score Summery

Block Design SS 10 Percentile Rank 50
Picture Concepts SS 13 Percentile 84
Matrix Reasoning SS 15 Percentile 95
Picture completion SS 15 Percentile 95

WMI SS 24 Composite Score 110 Percentile Rank 75

Working Memory Score Summary

Digit Span SS 13 Percentile Rank 84
Letter Number Sequencing SS 11 Percentile 63

PSI SSS 13 Composite Score 80 Percentil Rank 9 Low Average

Processing Speed Score Summare

Coding SS 6 Percentile Rank 9
Symbol Search SS 7 Percentile Rank 16

Full Scale SS 129 Composite Score 122 (interpret with caution) Percentile Rank 93 (interpret with caution) Superior. (interpret with caution)

She was also given the Woodcock Johnson III Test of Cognitive Abilities, Normative Update (WJCOG)

ss(90%) RPI Percentile
Cognitive Fluency 81 78/90 10 Low average
Retrieval Fluency 79 84/90 8 Low
Decision Speed 84 77/90 15 Low average
Rapid Picture Name 88 74/90 21 Low average

They have recommended her for the gifted program and also to be considered for special ed.

Consider assistive technology strategies to provide her with alternative means to produce her ideas within her writing.

Given her difficulty with processing speed, tasks should be presented to her in a linear sequence, rather than simultaneously. Clear and concise instructions should be provided to her for classroom tasks and it may be beneficial to have her repeat directions verbally.

Assign estimated task completion times to help focus her energy. It may be beneficial to shorten the assignments so she can complete tasks within time allotted.

It is recommended that she be considered for the gifted program.

She is happy and sweet and likes school. She is sometimes annoyed by her classmates. She says her reading books are very stupid, but plugs away anyway. She seems to me to be starting to think she is not smart. She has dropped some interests like running for student council because she was worried she wouldn't be able to catch up on missed work. She is polite, friendly, quiet but talks a lot..no attention concerns.

Also she loves minecraft and building things at home. She also reads too much. If that is possible. I really appreciate you all looking at this and helping me decipher it's meaning. Especially the WJIII scores. I don't understand them at all. I would also like any insight or advice on how to proceed. What should I ask. Is one thing more important than another. DD is worried about leaving for gifted program (twice a week) for fear of falling behind. Also what on earth kinds of things would she do in a special ed program? Work on her processing speed? I don't think you can do that..can you? Thank you so much in advance!