I may have time for more later... As a teacher I can tell you that Special Ed(as an educational term) includes gifted programming. It's comprehensive for any service that is outside the typical educational environment.

But as for the processing piece, yes, time management, comprehending/ internalizing directions, and written output are all things that can be worked on. Definitely have them give instructions step by step, and written as well as verbally so she can refer back as needed, if she likes having a "to do list" or agenda for the day (or task) let her have or create one, let her dictate her writing into a speech to text computer program if writing slows her down - she's a talker - use a "time timer" clock and start having her plan when she needs breaks and how long they should take. She's at an age when she has some metacognitive awareness about her learning process but not full autonomy about what she needs to do; a little more empowerment in the work stages may feel good and allow her to internalize some self-management skills.
My kiddo is gifted and a slow processor too, but in 1st grade. Maybe we can check in later... I hope this helps. If not, ignore it, trust your gut more than anything.
Good luck.