Originally Posted by sydness
I was under the impression from the results that the only reason she was scoring low on the reading test was because of her processing issues. At home she reads way above grade level. She can't write very well though. That's when she reverses and is slow. Her reading is fast and her verbal (and I assume) reading comprehension was her highest score. So I think the dyslexia idea of mine has been knocked out. I do wonder in the processing could inhibit the scores of the perceptual scores a bit. If you would have asked me before, I would have said her gift was in spatial reasoning. She build things all the time. She is always noticing patterns and symmetry. It says on the report that the reversals may be to do her visual perception which is why she is in vision therapy. ..What kinds of tests should be done in addition. I don't think they plan to do anymore.
I wasn't very good at parsing the above scores. I didn't catch that the reading test was on of her best. But what I was trying to say that there are more 'reading' issues than just dyslexia. Have you figured out why she is not testing well in class. Is she running out of time? Could it be the way they test her? On a computer or on paper? The test for LD's is usually done one-on-one with an adult and it might have something to do with the setting?

I'm not quite sure in this case what sub-tests. They are lot of different ones for different reasons. When both my kids were tested (my DD through school and my son privately) they started with the above tests but did many different sub-tests to tease out the details.

When you say she is having problems writing do you mean hand writing. Would working on a computer help?