In the context of this thread, we've been asked to help provide a parent with any ideas to help a child who has been getting bullied because of gifts. An article which happened to land in my e-mail inbasket contained a few thoughts which may be of help to a parent in assisting their child to avoid internalizing such negatives. The purpose of the article which I shared was not to diagnose or treat the bully.

Nonetheless, I find your linked resources interesting, especially in light of this post upthread, reflecting on society.

In the context of the current thread, a child having "a true screaming tantrum, tears, et, with words to the effect that why is my child so much better, different, smarter" does not appear to be striving to increase their own personal social power. Attempting to increase one's social power may be the aim of the type of girl bullying which consists of manipulation and undermining, covered by books such as Odd Girl Out and Queen Bees and Wannabees, shared in this post.

The National Crime Prevention Council provides resources for kids, featuring McGruff the crime dog, on safety, including tips on how to handle bullying: http://mcgruff.org/