Thanks for the comments everyone. There are a lot of people trying to help the young girl through this, the school, parents, and doctors are at work with her. I have little control what happens on that side of the coin. She was temporarily removed from the school, but is being transitioned back in, so I am trying to come up with all my tools to help my child.

Eyreapparent hit it on the head with her comments about making sure my child takes care of herself first. Her teachers and I are both working on this angle with her. That will be our battle. The books are a welcome suggestion indigo, I already went to the library and checked out a few.

The girls are in a very small school, so separation is near impossible. This is a school for gifted only, so they are all made of the same cloth. It is a very difficult situation. I, too, have empathy for the other family involved, because I think we have all been in their shoes to some extent with our overly sensitive kiddos.

I just really appreciate all the comments on here. Sometimes it just feels so lonely walking this walk........