Our DD has been getting passively aggressively bullied by another student at her gifted school. The student often has meltdowns because she is not as "smart" as my DD, or my DD has information she doesn't, or my DD made something she can't make, or my DD can sing better....the list goes on and on. On one hand it might appear that she simply idolizes my child, but it is expressed in an extremely negative, aggressive way and is quite upsetting to my child.

I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what advice you might have from your experience. The school is aware of the situation and is trying to remedy the situation. My concern is how I help my daughter in the interim. She is SO sensitive and has so much empathy, so on one hand she gets angry and wants the problem (child) to just go away, on the other hand she feels sorry for the other child and wants to "help" her.

It's really messing up her psyche. We have told her, and her teachers have told her that the first thing she needs to do is take care of herself, but she naturally wants to help others. Any ideas of what we can do to help her?