Well, thanks aeh.

the fact is that we tried a lot of things regarding those tantrums. At one point, I simply chose to let the mother act her own way, without trying to interfer and also supporting her. We also try as much as possible not to argue between us in front of him.

He already broke many things (hopefully small things since we began making him responsible for what he broke). He paid for them without being reluctant and even agreeing with that. This changed nothing. But, it is hard for me to let him break more costful things (which indeed he cannot afford paying them). The other day, he thought he broke his sister's keyboard ... He entered then in a despaired behavior crying, yelling he is mentally insane. All he wanted was sleeping, to forget what he did. I was the first to try to see what happened. He refused to tell me what happened, I just cannot help him from crying, yelling. I tried to take him in my arms just to let him go down. It did not work. He wanted his mother... He just calmed down when after talking with his mother who finally know what happened, she told me what happened and I told her that nothing was indeed broken (although he could think it was).
When I talk about "blink of an eye" change in attitude, it is very strange as it really seems not to be rational.
It is very hard to keep calm in front of him. Last summer, he was eating cherry tomatoes. He took one of them between one finger and thumb and press. I told him very calm not to press too much. He then looked me in the eye and press and of course, the tomato explode.... He can be very very provocative, telling us insane things ... It is such non sense.

I will look to Ross Greene work

Last edited by raoulpetite; 10/17/14 06:33 AM.