I second the Explosive Child book/method.

I will take a look. See if available in France ...

Do you think it's lack of impulse control? Does he have necessary tools to handle his anger/frustration? Can you help him verbalize his emotions?
I guess he is impulsive, not under control then. What tools ? He is so "crazy" then that I do not know how to make im verbalize anything ? Hints ?

I had to remind myself last night _again_ that my child is lacking the skills to behave and not intentionally misbehaves. With that attitude, I can teach him how to behave in difficult situations.

He is perfectly aware that he misbehaved. When everything was over yesterday, I tried to have a talk with him when I got him to bed. He just told me that it is over and asked to get to something else.

Anotherday, I insisted on having an answer. I asked him what is the point, I told him that he gets everyone sad, that he's also doing harm to himself and it is not a constructive attitude. He got to the point to cry and scream several times that he is a big bastard ("con" in French). He seems then unstoppable. I just took him in my arms to confort him. I just wanted him to understand not make him cry ...

Also, instead of looking at individual incidents (e.g. throwing things after being told no TV), try to look at the bigger picture. Why did he do that? Because he was frustrated being told no TV, but he couldn’t verbalize it. Teaching him how to express his emotions will go a long way.
I think about that ... but once again, he seems then not to be able to express anything else but the frustration.

Just remember, you are not a bad parent. Good luck.

Well many times, I am completely disarmed and feel like not being a good father especially when getting upset

Last edited by raoulpetite; 10/17/14 08:33 AM.