My situation is different, though I can relate to the child that needs a lot of interaction. And the bossy. She is only 3, but when she learns facts, she likes to pass them on when useful in an authoritarian manner.

I try and work with her on what can be mean and bossy and "princess manners" and being thoughtful of other people's feelings. Although she is very social, some of these behaviors could get very annoying and cause problems. I think for young gifted children who understand and absorb info, it can be really hard not to have an outlet.

Although she goes to preschool 5 days a week 9-3:30, a Montessori where she does her "work" alone or with one other, it helps. During the summer I have her going to various activities, mostly sports camps in the morning and then we do the beach thing in the afternoon. There are many kids her age on the beach and she has to learn good social skills since many are siblings and they can shut her out. Also at tennis camp the kids were at least a year older and she really has to work since she is a little small for her age and she wasn't nearly as good as they. She didn't care for it and she has one more week of tennis camp between swim camps. I thought maybe I would cancel but I think the social aspect and her need to be the least skilled in the group is a good exercise.

Ren