I found out yesterday that he has been quite a handful there lately. He has been changing words to songs so they still rhymm but different and funny. They seem to think it is funny.He only has a week to go now. They start school the year they turn five. He is actually five in september.

Reception is equivalent to kindergarten, so year three are seven and eight year olds. They have lots of very bright children here!

I have kept a diary of all his "little moments". you know, just when you think that they might be not so bright after all.

The school seems largely unaware of the teasing of these children and I am reluctant to draw it to their attention as I have already spoken to teacher in charge.
Home schooling is not an option as I have to get a job as government here expect me to be working once he is of school age. My benefits are already reduced as I am in a long running dispute with the csa. Also he is a very social child and hates being with just me. If he had his way we would be out all day every day.

I had him assessed initially to rule out adhd as he presents that way if bored. I knew he didn't but wanted documentary evidence to prove it so that we wouldn't waste time going down that road.
I will just have to let the school learn the hard way.. I have armed myself with plenty of information and intend to never sit across the table from a school professional who knows more about this than I do.

Incidentally his teacher at his first nursey, aged three said that she had never in twenty five years sat across the table from a parent and had a conversation like the one she had with me!

[quote=Grinity's Flashback-mobile]
When my DS11 was in daycare, the 4 year old room, the teacher was complimenting my son for his politeness.

My eyes bulged, and in the next moment, my son got up from his seat, ran to the teacher, who was then talking to another child, and bellowed: "EXCUSE ME" because he wanted her attention RIGHT NOW. That didn't suprise me, because that's the kind of kid he was. The teacher smiles and looked at me and said, 'See, he's so polite, he always says 'please' and 'excuse me.'

This is exactly what happens at his school. They give him a disproportionate amount of time and energy that I am unable to sustain. He is fun to work with, but who can do that for all day every day.