Originally Posted by greenpalm
My son is PG and different. This is not the first time I've entertained the thought that he has Asperger's Syndrome, but lately he's started finger flapping and that has pushed me further along that train of thought.

Julie

Julie:

If you are still following the discussion under your topic, I wanted to mention that we have had concerns about our DS that sound similar to yours, and I've been very concerned at times about AS, Defiance Disorder, and a couple of others.

If you have not already considered it, we found a therapy approach using floor play therapy, as outlined by Stanley Greenspan, et. al., in THE CHILD WITH SPECIAL NEEDS: ENCOURAGING INTELLECTUAL AND EMOTIONAL GROWTH to be effective. With a small amount of outside therapy I feel that we have opened the lines of emotional communication between us and DS quite dramatically, and thus laid the foundation for him to build up relationships with others. His capacity to handle varied and complex social situations has grown impressively in the past few months. If you're interested in hearing more, please send me a private message.

Last edited by fitzi; 07/11/08 09:19 AM.