Just as peanut allergies are on the increase, I am hearing a lot about the red dye and also, now, the orange dye used for Cheetos, cheddar crackers, orange soda, etc.
I wonder if food sensitivities are on the increase or if we have better tools to measure them, thus the increase in diagnosing them.
I found out two years ago that I have a gluten intolerance. It is difficult to totally cut out gluten without spending a fortune at Whole Foods.
I also have a sensitivity to a natural preservative that is commonly used in foods. The thing that stinks is that since it is naturally occurring as opposed to synthetic, it can be grouped under natural flavors instead of being listed outright in the ingredients. cry
Concerning stimming and autism and the spectrum.....I think in the next 10 years or so, we are going to see a lot of nuerological explanations for spectrum type issues. As well as, many things such as empathy/lack there of, inability to read social cues/intuition, deja vu, and many others.. Referring back to the previous compensation discussion- I would guess there are adults out there who are mildly on the spectrum who don't have an official diagnosis and who have high compensating skills. I would guess there are a small number of people out there who intuitively compensate for atypical nuerology as well as physical impairment similar to what they would achieve in PT or OT. In mild cases anyway.
What do you think?

Last edited by incogneato; 06/19/08 02:45 PM. Reason: clarifying rant (or at least attempting to!)