Talk to me about out of district placement, anyone who has gotten it or has any experience with it.

So, I am just plugging along documenting every time my son is denied his scribing or keyboard accommodations. To each of my complaints (documenting a denial of access to accommodations or a shaming for the need of the accommodations by teacher or staff) the principal always sends a long 'fluffy' email basically skirting the issue that my kid has been denied his accommodations and insisting the school is ever so "loving" and we must be lying. My attorney helps me each time - telling me don't let him push your buttons just document, document, document. We have a standard polite unemotional response mimicking the IDEA law and we just use that to document the incident. But I am wondering when should I start thinking about suing for OOD placement? Any thoughts, ideas?

I don't know. I really do not want him to have to go somewhere else but this school is just so frustrating. What I find most annoying is instead being more sympathetic and saying "we'll help," they insist that the incident(s) never happened. That we are lying/making it up (hallucinating it)... that the school is great and ever so "loving." I'd have more respect and more patience if they said something even remotely close to "we're sorry that happened, we'll talk to so-and-so and make sure they understand." But what I usually get is 'so sorry that you're having halluciations. I can assure you said teacher would never do such a thing. I talked to said teacher and the incident never happened. But your entitled to insane perceptions and we're sorry you and your kid have hallucinations. We hope you get better soon.'

Arrrrrg.

Last edited by Irena; 02/19/14 12:11 PM.