Okay,so I managed to get some info by asking DS some carefully crafted questions. What I found out was although he reports that doesn't interrupt other students during class (I do not see much interrupting behavior at home), he says he does interrupt the teacher... Not with "answers," he reports he generally keeps those to himself, but when he wants to share something related to what the teacher is saying. He reports that he raises his hand but his arm gets tired ( this is due to EDS and poor muscle tone) and the teacher ignores him and doesn't call on him and so he'll just 'call out'. ( I'm sure the teacher just wants/needs to finish her spiel or whatever).

As for disrupting other students while their working, (which I had to, over a course of days, ask a series of carefully calculated questions to get to finally get to the bottom of this), he reports once or twice he has tried to help students who are struggling with their work after he was all finished his work. He says the students don't get angry at his attempts to help and he's never gotten in trouble for it but he reports he's only done it once or twice (not sure how accurate this amount is).

I think theses may account for a few of the BASC2 responses. It doesn't account for the social and atypical ones though like "always acts strangely" and "is always out of touch with reality" and "always picked last for games" and "never well-liked buy same-sex or opposite-sex peers." I wonder, though, in light of DS's explanations for "always interrupting" and "disrupting other students' work" are these ADHD behaviors? I really have no idea. Obviously, they look like such out if context on a BASC form ... But in reality are they?

Last edited by Irena; 12/19/13 03:11 PM.