blackcat, I think some of the sentiments following my comment give a hint. I am not an expert on early childhood beyond being in the middle of raising 4. What I have figured so far for most students up until 6th grade, all schoolwork can and should be done in school. There is more than plenty enough time. Schools waste too much time. Kids have enough time to both watch videos and do group or individualized work with teacher help.

The detriment to kids is this whole movement to streamline learning. Public schools are costly and the remedy is in the wrong direction. Technology cannot teach children who do not yet grasp the technology or the human communication that went into the technology (I am not sure if I am verbalizing this sufficiently) but early learning comes from interaction with people, technology is a supplement. Once a child has developed a social grid to interpret communication, technology is a better tool for communicating information and interaction for learning, but it still has its limits. While technology can measure correct answers, it still cannot really measure comprehension and cannot really teach application. Where it can do so at a limited basis, it would still be very expensive to develop.