I just found this:

"At the end of the pilot phase, the assessments were examined. Although students shared a variety of reactions to flipped classroom, most were positive. All of the participating teachers wanted to continue flipping their math classes. Parents overwhelmingly reported in a survey that they thought their children were doing better in math than in the past, enjoyed math more, and wanted their children to continue with the flipped classroom approach. Results from standardized tests in September and January were compared with 6 control classrooms. Although there was no statistical difference in scores between the flipped classes and the control classes, the flipped classrooms ended up about 2 weeks ahead on the pacing calendar. In other words, with no sacrifice in performance, students in the flipped classes covered more of the curriculum in the same amount of time."

So now they are expanding it into many more grade 4-6 classrooms for math. My kids aren't there yet, but I feel like I'm looking forward to it (assuming I don't pull them out of the district). I think whether it works or not, depends on the subject. I would also want to make sure they let kids move ahead at a rapid pace if they are able. That would be one of the main benefits.