Originally Posted by Val
Update.

I wrote to the school principal last night to request that DD be removed from Miss T.'s class. Her rigidity hasn't abated (if anything, it's worse), and DD wants out.

The latest problems are more of the same stuff I wrote about before, but examples include a note on DD's homework telling her she would throw it away if DD makes another mistake on the date (she wrote 10-2-13 instead of 10-3-13). Two nights ago, she was marked wrong for writing the wrong worksheet code (Miss T. has worksheet codes; sometimes she changes them in midstream). DD wrote something like W2A instead of W3A, but correctly identified the problem number, copied the problem correctly and got it right. I can sort-of understand being slightly unhappy with incorrectly identifying the worksheet. HOWEVER, they hadn't been assigned anything from W2A that night, and TBH, I'm not sure that W2A even exists.

DH told DD to erase the 2 and replace it with a 3...and it came back last night for a complete rewrite of the entire problem.

Apparently, Miss T. told DD a week or two ago that "Your mother is thinking of pulling you out of my class; I don't know what you're saying to her about me." This kind of thing, IMO, is really, really not acceptable.

And on and on.

It's 2 pm here and I haven't heard from the principal yet. He usually answers messages very quickly, so something is obviously going on. Ugh.

Is she pretty old? She really sounds like some nuns I had in my catholic grade school... One was exactly like this and worse... she would also hit us, pull my hair, etc. I think back about her all of the time and how I would absolutely hit the roof if a teacher treated my son the way she treated her students. She was at my elementary school for ten years after I had her in 1st grade. Anyway, not only should your DD get out of there but I think she should (be made to ) leave the teaching profession.