Originally Posted by Old Dad
I have, in the past, needed to inform a teacher that, "Although I appreciate your intent to teach children (insert character trait / moral belief of teacher's choice) as the parent, that's my job and I'll address that as I see fit. What I need you to do is focus on teaching my child the subject matter which you were employed to teach. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

I agree.
Sorry that your child seems to be stuck with this teacher for now. The whole atmosphere seems to be unhealthy - if she does not believe in babying the children, then instructing them how to staple, draw arrowheads to her specificaion etc counts as babying in my opinion and she has no excuses for doing them (I instruct my 6 year old on these things and he gets annoyed even at that age if I nitpick too much on these things). It seems to me that this teacher is not used to being challenged or called out on her annoying ways so far and has fallen into a rut of thinking that her way is the only way.
Do you have an email list of other parents whose children might be in Ms T's class? If so, you could check with them about what is going on with their kids and approach the administration with your concerns. I am sure that if I were a principal of a school, I would like to know about Ms. T's eccentricities.