From my experience with teachers with strict and unreasonable guidelines such as Ms. T's, one or btoh of the following factors are in play:
1. Control issues (highly uncomfortable if even one item in the room is out of place and the only way they can feel they know and control their entire world and everything connected to it.)
2. Lack of education or ability in teaching methodology. This is true of the vast majority of K-12 school teachers as most of them were required to only take one class on methodology in college.

Of course it's not going to likely go well if this is pointed out in a meeting, however, I would suggest early on one basic idea be firmly established as the goal of any class, "The goal is to educate the child in the subject matter at hand." Once that is established, the question to refer to is, "How does that practice help accomplish the goal of education of math?"

I have, in the past, needed to inform a teacher that, "Although I appreciate your intent to teach children (insert character trait / moral belief of teacher's choice) as the parent, that's my job and I'll address that as I see fit. What I need you to do is focus on teaching my child the subject matter which you were employed to teach. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

*Edit*
The fact that Mrs. T won't inform you of the topic of the meeting supports the idea that she has control issues. By not allowing you to prepare and have prior knowledge of the subject matter. she controls knowledge and well thought out reply once the meeting does come about.

Last edited by Old Dad; 09/18/13 10:04 AM.