Originally Posted by madeinuk
Originally Posted by ColinsMum
Originally Posted by 22B
Originally Posted by madeinuk
I know that some here may hate me for saying it but charlatans like Jay Gould have misled an entire generation. The refusal of GT coordinators to accept IQ scores is beyond me - discounting effects where a minority of high SES status parents basically cheat the IQ test process by taking the same test multiple times inside 2 years.

I find it hard to not come to the conclusion that it boils down to this (pure unadulterated political correctness):-

a) no one wants to be shunned as a racist or even appear to be racist
b) non Jewish, non White, non Asians have an average IQ that is fully one SD below average meaning that roughly 84% of that population have below average intelligence
c) insisting on everyone having an IQ 2 SDs above average to enter GT programs will naturally expose school districts to accusations of racism (see point (a)).

I fully expect some on this board to saddle up on their high horses and sally forth against me just for stating the above but that is genuinely how I see it. I welcome a well reasoned argument showing me just where my logic is flawed...

Interesting. Do you have some references for (b).

Please, let's not go there. As Bostonian says, we've discussed group differences in IQ here before (more than once, actually), it always generates heat, and it doesn't generate light because the main purpose of this board is to discuss the needs of individuals.

Point taken - having read all of the posts in the thread that Bostonian directed me to, I see that this will just turn into a quasi-religious bickering match - I am going to delete my original post

You know, we should be able to assemble the best available data and studies and put them together on a thread without getting into bickering.