I do see your point, but on the other hand, our schools themselves have been known to shop for numbers so to speak by prepping kids for the CogAT when the teachers think that they are gifted and to retest within very short time frames to get qualifying #s for such kids after prepping when they didn't make it the first time. It is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black to me.

I honestly do think that some of these GT administrators just don't understand what gifted is and I also think that it furthers that misunderstanding for NAGC to be redefining gifted as they have in the past year or so. I really have gotten the impression that the "there is no one test for giftedness" is not lip service from our local GT entities. I believe that they do believe that IQ alone does not necessarily indicate giftedness. I suspect some of that is due to how they identify gifted. One is not just gifted or not; one is gifted in a specific subject such as math or reading. Being a "gifted reader" and being intellectually gifted aren't the same thing IMHO. One implies performance in a specific academic subject and the other something different about your overall brain wiring.