Originally Posted by Cricket2
Are you having to follow her around to verify that she's doing what she should? I am, honestly, just very tired.

Totally get that. And it makes the tired worse, IMO, when the person you're parenting doesn't have age-appropriate EF skills. Because you've been doing it all for them longer than most parents would have to. BTDT.

I would suggest two ideas:
--get help. Your own oxygen mask first. Can you get someone in there to help you manage things? This can be anything from dog-walker on up to a friendly college-age EF and homework mentor.

--having the frank conversation where you let DD know that something has to change, and it's going to take effort on her part. In a family, it's not fair when one person gets worn down if others could be picking up the slack. Now, she may not have all the skills to pick up the slack, yet, but you can make clear that something has to change (and pick one or two things to change that would really help).

It's hard with a teen-- but I think I would still lay out choices and have her choose the most preferable. For example: Does she want to revisit the medication issue (and the meds have come a long way; a good doctor can manage the weight and other issues) or see the educational therapist as a first line? Or whichever two choices you find most likely to work for your family. Point being, what you have going isn't working, and maybe being part of the solution would help her buy in?

(I would also ask whether she may be clinically depressed.)

Hang in there,
DeeDee