The major thing on dd's end is that she really isn't someone who is late or clearly disorganized. What she is is erratic in performance and she doesn't seem to learn from her mistakes. There is a chart of EF issues on the educational therapist's site here: http://www.rockymountaineducationaltherapy.com/files/pdf/ExecutiveFunction.pdf The first one, working memory, is where her problems primarily lie except that I can't say that she's one who I'd see as being late for appointments. I, of course, am more responsible for getting us places on time than she is, but she is always ready in time for school and appointments and is not one who is holding us up.

I do worry that the educational therapist isn't as familiar with HG+ kids as she portrays. Everyone always says that, yes, I've worked with lots of HG kids, but most people, I've found, haven't worked with kids at the LOG of mine. Wow, that sounds arrogant! I didn't mean it that way, but we have run into problems with various assessors and counselors who really didn't have much experience working with more than high achievers or mildly gifted kids yet who assured us they did.

To answer some of the questions:

No, there has been no dyslexia remediation. It isn't a definite dx, but I suspect that the suggestion is correct. Dh has the same problems and both of them say that reading hurts and do not enjoy it. We've not found a way to remediate as most of the remediation techniques we've seen tend to focus on phonics. Dd always tested advanced on phonemic assessments such as DIBELS and reads above grade level and has for a long time despite never reading if she doesn't have to. Her two WISC-IV tests years ago (one year apart) both had two of the three VCI scores at the ceiling and the VCI as a whole above the 99th percentile. She compensates well and the dyslexia approaches I've seen don't seem appropriate for her. Her issues include words moving on the page, lost place on the page, headaches when reading, and, when she was younger, constantly mixing up simple words like "for" instead of "from" while reading challenging words correctly. We have had her eyes checked multiple times, the most recently a few months ago by a developmental optometrist. There are no convergence or other eye problems.

In terms of scaffolding we've tried: in 5th grade, we tried extended time on tests, testing in a separate room to remove distractions, and a few things like chewing gum in class and taking omega-3 and magnesium supplements. The supplements seemed to work, but she refused to take them by the end of 5th b/c she felt that we were saying that something was wrong with her and we were trying to fix her with pills. The extended time and different room for testing did nothing.

This year I also sat down with her and showed her how to make very detailed, step by step notes and made them for her for one test. She did very well on that test, but her notes using my formatting were not as good later on I suspect. She refused to let me see them or to see what she had done poorly on. She is rather secretive, which makes this harder.

The psych that the principal suggested is not a psychiatrist. However, the principal mentioned a few times that this guy can work with your dr on meds although he followed that up to assure me that he cannot recommend that I medicate my dd. We've been hesitant to go the meds route for a few reasons:
-dd's strong desire not to
-worries about the impact on a growing brain
-having heard that meds work less well for ADHD-i than the hyperactive variant
-worries about reduction in appetite b/c dd is maybe in the 5th percentile of size (height and weight). She'll be 13 in four months and weighs 69 or 70 lbs and is about 4'8" or 4'9". Granted, her size is not atypical in our family, but we don't want to stunt her growth.