While we don't think there is much beyond asynchrony behind DD's occasional problems with EF demand and her ability to meet it, we've still had to do a lot of scaffolding for her in order to help her with organization and time-management, as well as just, well, keeping a written record of important things, so that she doesn't "lose" them irretrievably all the time.

HowlerKarma, can you elaborate more on the scaffolding you have done for her ? I am looking for ideas for my 5 year old child. Yes, he is 5. And he is usually OK at home, but school has been saying he is not focused (and things of that nature). I could use some EF ideas for little kids

The RtI part seems really important. Where we have gotten our mileage is having a school special ed teacher on the case to teach DS about organizational skills. He has come a long way because they are paying close attention to instructing him on this.

This is very good. Dee dee, do schools, in general, provide this ? Do you have to ask for this ?