If this is an organisation that will have a disability office, an option would be to call that, and ask them to handle it. [ETA: e.g., by them calling whoever's in charge of selection and reminding them that it would be illegal to base selection decisions on disabilities, and offering to give advice on what constitutes a disability, without mentioning any particular candidate's name, for example!]

I like ABQMom's approach. My immediate reaction is to guess that you're being far too negative and to doubt that this information will count against your DD at all - but I realise you may be n times burned, n+1 times shy and moreover, right. What is certainly true is that if they weren't going to use the information against your DD, you suggesting that they were is definitely going to put their backs up, which you don't want!

Another option would be to have ready a letter/email to send back by return if they do reject her, saying essentially, "It's so unfortunate that you asked these questions, because now it's so difficult for us to feel really comfortable that you rejected DD because there were better candidates and not because of her disability. To make sure that noone else ever feels this way, can you confirm that you'll change your procedures so as not to ask such questions?". And then wait...

Last edited by ColinsMum; 03/14/13 11:55 AM.

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail