Oh, I don't think that they had negative intent, either. But it wasn't an okay thing to have done.

Much along the lines of "Hey-- I couldn't help but notice your insulin pump when you dropped off your application the other day..."

Not all allergies do rise to the level of disabling. Agreed. But that didn't seem to be the nature of the conversation-- which would have been a different series of questions. That, I wouldn't have a problem with. That's "You mention a mobility challenge in your essay. Would it be okay with you if I note that you have a disability which impairs your mobility?" Their application process doesn't really include any means of telling them about a disability.

If it did, then that is completely above board, and there are clear rules about how that cannot be used as a disqualifying criterion for positions in which it isn't an issue. It's when it ISN'T openly acknowledged that it becomes a problem in selection criteria. But it needs to be noted as "this is disability-related information," or it can.

I think that at the very least, I need to find out WHAT got recorded, and who is privy to the information. DD's youth actually means that she isn't entirely able to waive her rights even if she wanted to. <>

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.