Marytheres - I read some prior posts and it seems like your DS may have several other exceptionalities other than being gifted or ADHD. I think you mentioned dysgraphia and also that he has OT or VT for other issues.

When my DS was being assessed for ADHD, other issues were contemplated and ruled out because many other issues can present like ADHD. My DS did get an ADHD combined type diagnosis - his executive funcition deficiencies are fairly typically ADHD - impulse control, behavior issues, getting bogged down in the bigness of tasks and having trouble breaking them down into something he can manage and, of course, distractibility. His working memory is pretty strong but the tips and strategies in Smart But Scattered have been effective with him. So, I guess what I am trying to say is that there are several accomodations, resources out there that can work for people (even if they don't have ADHD) that might be useful. I would google executive function deficit and/or improving working memory. I think one of the keys is to help him routinize automaticity.