I remember in schoolthat I was regularly instructed to answer as if I werertalking to someone who knew nothing about the material *while* other students were being told to explain it to the teacher, or as if to another student. Often all three suggestions were given to various students, butnI always got the ignorante version.

I was also in a corespondence-u class were I had two exams, eich worth 40% of my grade, the first was marked unfairly, in my opinion, surprisingly close to your daughter's 67% I was given many of teh same comments (it's a tad eerie, really).

I recieved 100% on the remainder of the course, I'm assuming because there was simply no possible way to mark me down. And got told by the programme head I should drop that half of my major. I learned very, very, very little about teh subject (thought I've been back over it for my own purposes)

NOT ALL HISTORY ia written like that... It was teh sci major I was asked to drop. Hist kinda likes me. They've even pointed students at me when they feel someone needs to explain "Academic rigour" to them kindly wink

This is maybe for teh bad homework thread, but I was once marked wrong on a chemistry question because, despite having correctly answered "hydrogen," I had used an archaic sentance structure (yes, I was bored) to fulfill the "answer in full sentances" requirement. If all science was written like that.... wink

Shoot the teacher... Shoot the teacher... Shoot the teacher < reader must supply own orchestral accompanyment> dun dun dun-nuh.

DS1: Hon, you already finished your homework
DS2: Quit it with the protesting already!